New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns - Gadgets180™

It is a technical blog/website and you will get here all the technical stuff and we also post some tech news.

Header Ads

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns

Share This
Tell HN: Equifax free credit report dark patterns
17 by PopAlongKid | 5 comments on Hacker News.
For years, I have been obtaining free annual credit reports (annualcreditreport.com) which must be provided by law. Recently, for the first time, when I tried to obtain my Equifax report, I was prompted for an email address and a mobile phone number, a new requirement that apparently cannot be bypassed. The other two bureaus, and Equifax previously, confirmed identity by asking knowledge based questions. They do not need my phone or email for anything. Next, trying to obtain the report by phone instead of web site per instructions, I got to the point where I entered my ZIP code on the phone keypad, the voice menu system correctly repeated the number back to me, but every time I press 1 to indicate it is correct, the system acts like it got an invalid response and only gives me the option to enter further information by voice, not by the phone keypad. Just as with my phone number and email, they do not need to record my voice to provide my report. I wrote a complaint to the annualcreditreport firm earlier this week, no response yet.

Don't forget to subscribe our youtube channel Click here:- http://www.youtube.com/c/techgk Product of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages